RoomsForLet.co.uk - Terms
- 'Us', 'We', 'Our' means Rooms For Let or Dacan Internet Limited.
- 'Landlord/s' means users registered with Rooms For Let as landlord/s or letting agents in order to advertise a property or properties to rent.
- 'Tenant/s' means users registered with Rooms For Let as tenants seeking accommodation.
- 'Website', 'The System' means www.roomsforlet.co.uk.
- 'Member/s', 'User/s' means any individual registered with Us as a Landlord, Tenant or Agent.
- 'Advert/s', 'Listing/s' property advert or room wanted details posted to the Website.
- All property advertisements are provided by third party landlords and are not owned or controlled by Us and We accept no responsibility for inaccuracies in any property adverts.
- We accept no responsibility for any damage, injury, loss either physical or financial as a result of advertising or enquiring on a property advertisement on the Rooms For Let website.
- Landlord adverts are activated when a PayPal subscription is set up or upfront payment is made.
- There are 2 payment options, Upfront Payment and Subscription. Subscription includes a 2 week free trial.
- Upfront payment is charged at £20 for one month giving a discount of £10 off our subscription charge for 1 month.
- A subscription is for one month with the first 2 weeks free of charge. No payment is taken when the subscription is initially set up to allow a trial of the system.
- Automatic payments are then taken of £15 after 2 weeks with a further £15 1 week later (prices correct as of 4 December 2013)
- Subscriptions may be cancelled via PayPal at any time during the subscription period.
- If an automatic payment has been taken during the subscription period, no refunds will be made.
- Deleting an advert will not cancel a subscription, this must be done via PayPal.
- Where a subscription is cancelled via PayPal this will automatically de-activate the relevant advert.
- All adverts are activated only when relevant payment (or subscription) has been made and will automatically de-activate on the expiry date (or subscription cancellation) if no renewal has been made.
- There is a Free renewal option
whereby, if you purchase an advert or continue to the end of the subscription period of 1 month, you receive a one-off free renewal option for the same period of time
as that purchased (additional 1 month free of charge).
- In order to receive the free renewal you must login to your account from 2 days prior to the expiry date (after you receive your renewal notices) and click the Renew link and then the Renew button.
- In order to receive the free renewal the advert must be renewed no later than 7 days after the expiry date following which a renewal must be purchased or the subscription set up once again.
- Free renewals are available once only per payment. Following the first free renewal a subsequent renewal payment or subscription must be made at which time a further free renewal option will become available.
- Any advert or listing found with content deemed to be offensive or malicious will be removed instantly and the landlord or user account will be de-activated and banned from future use
- Any Tenant or Landlord account de-activated due to offensive material or abuse of The System will not be reimbursed for the remainder of the account period
- Any abuse of The System including offensive or malicious behavior, manipulating pages in an attempt to set own prices or other issues deemed as abuse by Us will result in your account being banned and possible legal action
- Any photographs added to the Website of abusive or offensive nature or with content of a sexual nature will be removed from the Website and the owner of these images will be banned from the Website. If the images are found to be of an extremely offensive nature legal action may be taken against the owner of the relevant account
- If uploading any images or text to the Website you warrant and guarantee that said image was created by you and is original to you or you have authority of the owner to use such image, text or content and does not infringe any other person's rights and have permission of any individual portrayed in the image to use such image. Any action or costs for copyright infringement will not be borne by Us and will be the responsibility of the account holder
- We do not sell or pass your
information apart from between potential landlords and tenants as part
of the service we provide and for the purposes your information was
submitted, except in line with Clause 13 below. Property information added to
the Website system is available to both landlords and potential
tenants dependant on the criteria set and in line with The System
- Where a Landlord or Tenant makes an enquiry on a Room Wanted or Property advert, depending on the status of the account, relevant information will be passed to the other.
- Save for in Clause 11 below, the only contact details that will be exchanged are the relevant email addresses. No telephone or address details are exchanged with Landlords or Tenants save where these details have been added to the 'About Me' or 'Advert Description' text fields when placing an advert or added to any other section which is not specifically for address or telephone details apart from where a Landlord has registered as a Business or letting Agent. As a Business or letting Agent your address, telephone number and web address (if relevant) will be displayed alongside active adverts.
- Once an advert subscription has been set up or upfront payment made we may provide details of our Partners and a short questionnaire. You have the option of completing the questionnaire or skipping this section to return to your account. By agreeing to these terms and completing the questionnaire you agree to us passing your information to a relevant Partner dependent on the information you supply.
- We work with a number of Partners whose services we feel may benefit our Members. By registering with Us you agree to receive email newsletters and certain marketing material regarding the services provided by these partners. These communications will be sent exclusively by Us and no details will be passed to these Partners without the express permission of the member in question except in line with Clause 13 above. If any Member does not wish to receive material of this nature they may delete their account from the Website and no further correspondence will be received from Us.
- Tenants registering with Us can contact any Landlord registered with Us via the Website system. However, properties added by a Landlord may not have been activated yet may still be available. In this case a 'Full Access' option is available to Tenants in order for them to receive contact details of Landlords when enquiring on inactive adverts.
- 'Full Access' relates only to the details of Rooms For Let Landlords on the Website system.
- Where a Property or Room Wanted advert re-directs to a third party service such as Easyroommate, these are not classed as Our Members. We do not have access to this data and therefore cannot provide any details. Such data is not included in any paid offerings or Full Access.
- We accept no responsibility for data passing to third parties from Users of our Website system and passed by them.
- From time to time We run offers in conjunction with our partners. These offers and any payment of monies or vouchers are specifically limited to the terms of the offer at that time.
- All prices and terms are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Any individual or organisation advertising or enquiring on advertisements on this Website do so at their own risk.